Confessions of a Curious Mind

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mysterious girl

In one lifetime, you meet a lot of people. Some are forgettable, lots are ordinary, few are remarkable & only rarely some people leave a lasting impression. When I accepted a couch request from two girls in Riga, I was expecting it to be like any other couch surfer experience. Fortunately for me, it was different & I will try & capture in words the reason for it

She came in with a whiff of freshness & nervous energy which made it difficult to ignore her. Her presence was palpable, her dressing was bohemian yet chic. She could be walking with that dress on Manhattan ( with maybe a hat thrown in) or stay in Helsinki in a house. She likes reading & remembers small details like Taamara. I was positively taken aback by that term considering I keep forgetting the name of the place all the times. She loves design & tried to explain to me the beauty behind seemingly boring curtain designs. I somehow failed to see that design but the artist in me died ages ago. She likes white wine & loves to party & oh yeah, did I mention about her liking for U2. That earns my respect :)

But I think the best part about her entire stay was her sleeping. She sleeps peacefully like an angel, free from the worries of the world. You could have a storm in your life but one glance at her can have a calming effect in your life. The hair falling on her face & the sunlight forming a small shadow on her forehead. And yeah, don't try waking up the sleeping beauty, she does get up with a shriek which could give you a scare :) - Maybe she was scared sleeping alone in the house :)

It would have been great to know her better but somehow it clashed with the preparation for my party. But there's always hope & as long as there is hope, chances get created :)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home