Confessions of a Curious Mind

Saturday, July 23, 2011

If you had one week to live

I was watching CSI Miami a couple of days back and there was an interesting episode which made me think. A woman was poisoned with radioactive isotopes and she was informed that she only had one week to live. That made me think, if I was ever facing that situation in life, what would my thoughts be ? Would it be filled of regret or would I try to live my dreams as much as I can in a period of seven days. Would I try to meet as many of my friends & family or would i spend the last seven days in self pity wondering why it happened to me.
We go on with our lives day after day without sitting back to think about it about how gifted we are. The fact that we are healthy, stay in a world where people don't kill each other at the slightest provocation, have a comfortable life with material benefits, have friends and family who care for us. In that case, if we get the news that we only have seven days to live, it shouldnt bring regret. We have spent a good life, got a lot of our dreams fulfilled, were fortunate to have happy moments we cherished. Sure, all dreams don't get fulfilled but isn't thats why they are called dreams ?
Instead what we could do is to live life as much as we can every day, Don't procrastinate about things which we have always wanted to to, don't put off things out of laziness, don't complain about how bad the day has been, It certainly hasn't been as bad as the person who has just been poisoned & only has moments to live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home